Covid-19 Virus- Updates

Sat 11 April, 1030 hrs

The following is a summary of progress since 31st of March, when we last posted an update on our website

There are now only two Ardroy staff working so unfortunately everything is taking much longer to progress. We are also now having to work from home and it has taken time to get the systems in place to do this and access our records.

The Government instruction issued Weds 18th March that all school trips should be cancelled, followed shortly with the decision schools should be closed as of Fri 20th March and all non-essential travel should cease, has significantly impacted on the future of Ardroy. Our decision to retain deposits was not taken lightly – we realise that some families will be experiencing hardship at this time, but until we can determine the full financial impact of the situation and to ensure the survival of Ardroy beyond this unforeseen, unprecedented period we have no option but to hold to our terms and conditions that deposits are non-refundable.

We are working extremely hard to try and find a way to return deposit payments but until we know what financial support we have secured we are not able to review this. We are trying our very best to find a balanced compromise within a very difficult and challenging set of circumstances arising through no fault of schools, families or Ardroy

We would ask for your continued patience as we cannot put a definitive timeline on providing an answer as we are reliant on other organisations responding to us.

Please note we may not be able to respond to individual emails as we are working with a reduced staff capacity. We will provide updates via our website, and would ask for now that you check it on a regular basis.



Tues 31 March, 1630 hrs

We very much regret that Ardroy is now closed for an indeterminate period of time due to Government instruction issued Weds 18th March that residential visits should not go ahead, and schools should be closed as of Fri 20th March.

The Ardroy Team is now working from home, and it has taken a few days to get systems in place. Our apologies if this has meant a delay in providing more information.

We fully understand concerns over lost deposits - it is something we would wish to avoid at all costs and we are working hard to find a solution that allows us to reverse this decision. This obviously takes time, and we would ask for patience.

We hope that we will be able to get Government relief funding to help us survive the next indeterminate period, but details are limited just now. Once we know more we will provide more information here, and also be in touch directly with the schools concerned.

Updates will be posted here - we aim to have more information by the end of the week and would be grateful if you could please bear with us until then.


Thank you,


The Ardroy Team

 

Friday 20th March, 1430 hrs

We are aware that a number of parents have  been contacting schools today, enquiring about refunds for residentials already booked. Any refunds we give will be in line with our bookings terms and conditions, which are here.

Although schools will be closed to children as of next week, admin and teaching staff will still be working, and we will be in touch with them to arrange both how we refund money, and the amount per school.

We would ask for your patience just now, and more information will be coming out via the schools next week.

Weds March 18th, 1640 hrs

 

The current challenges around Covid-19 are unprecedented, and circumstances are changing rapidly.

 The First Minister and The Education Secretary announced at lunch time today that all schools in Scotland are likely to close by Friday 20th March

 In addition NHS guidance on school trips has been amended overnight to say "You should postpone all school trips until further notice in line with advice for social distancing measures. This is both due to the intense group exposure and the potential difficulty in managing a situation where potentially large numbers of students and or the staff are unwell"

 This now means that Ardroy will be closed to all groups for an indeterminate period of time. We have already been in contact with schools due to attend Ardroy before Easter (Pittencrieff, Kings Rd and Foulford), and the parents of the children attending are being informed.

 This is obviously regrettable for all concerned, but we are living in unprecedented times.

 Regarding the school currently in residence, we are taking precautions in line with NHS guidance as above.

 Post Easter Bookings

 We will be in touch with schools due to attend after Easter on a rolling basis, and make decisions about their bookings based on latest guidance. We will shortly be in touch with youth groups booked during the Easter break. 

Please appreciate we are doing our best to stay on top of a very fluid situation.

 Refunds / Deposits

 It will take us time to work through the financial implications of a prolonged period of closure- to ensure our ability to deliver quality, educational residentials in the future.

 At time of writing, we are unable to specify our policy regarding refunds. We will look at each booking on a case by case basis. Our terms and conditions for bookings are here on our website.

 We will be in communication with schools and they will in turn contact parents. Obviously if schools are closed, this will be a slower than desirable process.

 David AG Thorpe

 Centre Manager

 


Tues March 17th, 1300 hrs

We are monitoring the situation regarding Covid-19 on a daily basis, and following the latest guidance from Health Protection Scotland & other relevant bodies. A series of control measures to minimise risks have already been implemented, including regular handwashing and changes to our dining room procedure.

The situation is clearly very fluid and we are reviewing the circumstances on a daily basis, but for now we are continuing to operate. We are communicating with schools booked to attend in the next few weeks, and will continue to follow latest guidance.